Fundraisers & Campaigns
Our farm was established to honor the vision of our Beloved Charles Benson.
Charles was a mentor at heart. He had a sincere desire to be involved with the young people, he had respect and empathy for the youth, and he was able to see solutions and opportunities that would benefit the youth in a positive way.
Charles touched the lives of many people young and old, and before he transitioned to his heavenly home in 2017, he had a vision and a goal to establish a place where the youth can come and be mentored.
We are working hard to keep his vision going by teaching and mentoring the youth and providing a place where they can have fun and learn through hands-on farm activities. Please help us with this goal and consider making a donation or contributing to one of our campaigns.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your contribution is tax deductible.
How you can help
There are plenty of ways to help us keep Charles Benson’s vision going. You can donate your time, money, or items that can help us maintain the farm. Here is a brief list of some of the things we can always use.
You can also make a monetary donation by clicking here.
frequently asked questions
If you’re planning a stay at the Bensueur’s Farm we have you covered. We have the RV stocked with everything you’ll need. You’ll need to bring sheets for the beds, towels, groceries (we have a full sized kitchen with stove and fridge), and any toiletries that you may prefer.
We are only about a year old, so we have a lot of goals and plans to help make the BenSueur Farm even better. Here are some of the things we are working towards:
- We are working towards deepening and widening our pond to provide watering and cooling for the cows along with providing a place for the kids to learn how to fish. “Give a kid a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day; teach a kid to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
- We are working towards getting a farm tractor for plowing, tilling, disking, harrowing, planting, and similar tasks.
- We are working towards purchasing a metal sign for the entry of the property.
- We are working towards purchasing a storage shed to house the equipment on the BenSueur’s Farm.
- We are working towards upgrading the fence line on our property.
- We are working towards a play area for kids to enjoy themselves outdoors. (The play area will include things for a playground, playhouse, craft center, trampoline, telescope, etc.)
- We are working towards getting a portable building for our C3 Building (Charles Compassion Center) this building will be for meetings, etc.
If you have items to donate, or if you want to donate your time to come and assist with any of the projects we certainly do appreciate it. Please contact our property manager to make arrangements.
Michael Walton, Property Manager